Weather can be pretty crazy during the winter months.
Here are 21 snow day activities for the family. All these activities are low cost and a great way to spend some quality time together.
A snow day is a day you may need to think outside the box.
As a mom of three I try not to have my kiddos constantly staring at a screen. This can be complicated since typically this is what children prefer to do.
Warning: Some of these ideas include a little device usage but still include the family.
21 Snow Day Activities for the Family:
- Build a snowman
- Blow bubbles outside and watch the magic happen
- Set up a tent indoors and go camping for the day
- Have a scavenger hunt. (FREE print out available)
- Break out with those board games
- Spend the day “Winter” cleaning as a family
- Create a Purge Pile: gather unwanted items throughout the house to donate or sell
- Bake the day away
- Have a dance party
- Paint with your hands: create a family art piece
- Dress up as superheroes or princesses
- Put on a puppet show
- Make a craft
- Make your own town
- Play Photographer and take some artistic shots
- Create your own exercise regimen
- Build puzzles – Floor puzzles are my favorite
- Make fake snow: 3 cups baking soda, ½ cup conditioner – Mix until well blended
- Create a family YouTube video: You never know it may go viral
- Play Hide and Seek